Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that J B Corrie & Co Ltd has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. J B Corrie & Co Ltd has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
J B Corrie & Co Ltd operate within the UK, working within the recreational, defence, utility and commercial sectors.
Our high risk areas
We do not consider any of our areas of operation to be high risk, with regard to slavery and human trafficking.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation's stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
1. Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
2. Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
3. Code of business conduct. The Ethics that we expect and adhere to are described in our Ethics, Anti Bribery, and Whistle Blowing Policy.
J B Corrie & Co Ltd operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
Our performance indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
- No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
- Use of labour monitoring and payroll systems.
Approval for this statement
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors on 23rd August 2017.
Name (Director): Gregor MacIntyre
Date: 08 April 2021
Review Date: 01 April 2022